Second Rear Window Switches?

BX Tech talk
David
BXpert

Second Rear Window Switches?

Post by David »

Hi again all.

I have recently acquired Mulley's Citroen BX TXD.

The interior is in much better condition than mine. The only problem is it has winder rear windows where mine are electric. So if I swapped everything I would have holes in the rear door panels.

So I have thought how to get around this. I could use grommets to plug the holes like I have in another car in the past, But frankly it looks unprofessional. So I thought: why not put electric window switches there? The wiring would be extremely easy, & they would then be in easy reach, which is something lacking in the design.
So what could I use for the electric window switches? I thought a setup similar to the ford transit would be ideal. But they are grey & I want black ones, ideally housing original BX window switches (front ones if possible). So are there any cars that use a setup that I could pinch? or has anyone got any other suggestions?
(if anyone hasn't seen them in a ford transit, they are sort of cup shaped, coming out of the panel, just holding the switch).

Also while I have been looking at the car, it suffers from the common earth failure to the middle slot of the heater PCB & I have an answer to share. The wire goes directly from the PCB to inside the blower motor. & its something inside that, that breaks. But I haven't looked what exactly. I remember mat fenwick saying he would investigate this when he got chance. So I've saved him a job. :)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
kiwi
Over 2k

Re: Second Rear Window Switches?

Post by kiwi »

Let me know how you get on with that modification to the windows. I also have a TXD and thought about this.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91