What a job finding this!!

BX Tech talk
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Re: What a job finding this!!

Post by silverfox »

[quote="AlanS"]I've been chasing an electrical problem for 3 months, but today, I found it..........by accident.

Alan, its off the thread but do BX's have upgrades for Oz like the old Cortinas etc with larger engines and strenghtened suspension etc to cope with Oz roads (and sometimes lack of them)? I've driven on most tyoes of roads in Australia and found the Oz cars handled superbly on even dirt roads. Geoff
Me depressed? Don't make me laugh!
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Geoff,

To my knowledge, the only things needed these days on our cars were side intrusion bars, child capsule anchorage points, all had to have cats post '86 and with BXs we had the lower compression engine in the Tri apart from the Tri 122 which had the high compression, TZi engine of 122 bhp naturally.
With every list of spheres specs seemingly different, it's hard to know if the spheres fitted to our cars were any different to those over there with the accumulator being about the only one that is the same on all the specs sheets.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
silverfox
Confirmed BX'er

Post by silverfox »

G'day Alan. Thanks for info - I should imagine that the spheres are similar to the French as you know Citroens were designed to cope with some of France's worst road conditions. When I lived in France visitors were amazed how mine coped with the dirt roads and, like bush driving in Oz, the ride is better at speed, something that took some getting used to when I first went to Oz! But with my luck if it rained palaces I'd get hit by the dunny door! :lol:

That reminds me, I had some good times at a pub in a place called Dunnydoo near Elong Elong! :lol: Geoff
Me depressed? Don't make me laugh!