lucas pump problem.

BX Tech talk
bxmurphy

lucas pump problem.

Post by bxmurphy »

Hi all,hope to find help here. My 87 bx 1.9 diesel has a fuel pump problem ,it feels like fuel starvation it runs well for a couple of minutes but if you keep the revs up it soon dies off and stops. I pumped 2 litres of diesel into a clean container and put a new fuel line from pump to container and put the return into the container also, the problem is still there and the return is a clear pipe and no air bubbles visible. I got this car eighteen months ago with no previous history and had been off the road for some time, i might use it this year if i get it running right or return it back to petrol as it started life as a 19trs.
bxmurphy

Re: lucas pump problem.

Post by bxmurphy »

update , came home after lunch and took it out for a quick spin on a half mile piece of road and done half a dozen fast runs and only died off once.When i got the car it had contaminated fuel in it(looked like frogspawn around tank filter and lots of stuff floating around the tank) Washed it all out and primed a gallon through the line and replaced filter. Possibly still some dirt in the pump, can anyone recommend a good cleaner to throw into the tank.
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Re: lucas pump problem.

Post by jamescarruthers »

Biobor shock treatment.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E