Enlightenment

BX Tech talk
Widgit
Confirmed BX'er

Enlightenment

Post by Widgit »

Being an easily led fellow I read the post about changing the LHM or not ?

Having variable power steering at the moment I decided that was the way to go so I carefully followed all the tips and proceeded to carry out the task.

All went well until I tried to get the beast to re-pressure............nothing worked, it just looked at me and laughed !

Reaching the end of my limited patience and seeing my wife approaching with a cuppa and frown in unequal proportion stating " I thought you said that was a quick job ! "

There was only one thing to do...............I shouted VERY LOUDLY at the beast in English and then some very poor French !.

Guess what .....up came the pressure and she ( the car that is ) gently rose to the correct position !
The tea tasted so good, the sun shone and the wife smiled !

So, if you too are in trouble you now know the exact path to success !!

Now where did I put that axe ?.........the tappets are a sounding a little noisy !

Tim.:twisted:
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Does this mean I no longer need the BXclub stickers?

Or did your sewaring work in conjunction with them?
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Widgit
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Widgit »

I am happy to confirm that any reasonably crafted phrase, questioning the parentage and general sado-mascochistic persuasions of the suspension design team will suffice. I would advise keeping the stickers in reserve in case you are overheard by those of a sensitive persuasion (non citroen owners :wink: ) . They should be just big enough to cover your mouth and allow time for non combatents to clear the area....then you will be able to complete the "treatment "

I am currently interogating the "missus" for any further expressions in the Gallic tongue, she's half French, but prefers to keep it quiet !

Ah well, off to finish the tappets......didn't need the axe.....found a decent cold chisel and club hammer instead :twisted:

Tim.

PS. I haven't tried "sewaring".......what is involved ?, it sounds quite fun :wink:
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

There are a couple of rules to doing this restarting after a clean out.
Firstly remove the line from the tank to the pump. This may include cutting the non re-useable hose clamp off and replacing with a new jubillee clip.
Secondly using a funnel, fill aforesaid pipe with fresh LHM to act as a primer.
Thirdly, set the suspension to its highest setting, start the engine with the 12mm bleed screw at the accumulator loose by no more than one turn and nip it up after about 15 seconds of running. If the warning lights stay on at this point, shake the $hit out of the front of the car as sometimes the height corrector needs a bit of encouraging and you'll find it will be up with about 10 seconds.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.