Fitting auxiliary temp gauge.

BX Tech talk
BackinaBX
BXpert

Fitting auxiliary temp gauge.

Post by BackinaBX »

Hello forum,

I've gone back to the 1980's and bought my second BX (the first time round it was almost new) and I've been reading that fitting an auxiliary temp. gauge is a good idea - especially now these engines are getting a bit older.

I've read the write up on the tech pages, but I don't know where the sender / probe should be fitted... somewhere on the rad or the thermostat? All information is gratefully received... even some pictures would be grand.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi here is the link for the page and info i used to do mine it is a very easy mod to do. :D
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/cooling/cooling.php
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
BackinaBX
BXpert

Post by BackinaBX »

I've had for two days, a 1991 1.9D TZD, with 152k on the clock... I absolutely love these cars and want to keep it in the already pretty damn good condition it is now... if not better - 16 year old car, it's a little rough round the edges - but it's a one owner from new, serviced regularly, even has the original talking guide cassette in the glove box - not many of those around anymore I shouldn't think... and a bargain at £300 and a full tank of derv.

But I was thinking that with that millage and age, and knowing from previous BX ownership that the cooling system is the weak point, fitting this gauge would be a cheap thing to do and will be a good thing to do.

Thanks for the link by the way... but first... rear arm bearings. Oh for a garage.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Guess who will also be salvaging Gti instrument panel and sensors to upgrade the 'ol diesel :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
BackinaBX
BXpert

Post by BackinaBX »

<------ by any chance? Yeah..
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

A good source for the sensor is a 405 diesel. These have the correct sender in them, and they are plentiful in breakers.
this might be a signature