Wheels question.

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Wheels question.

Post by cavmad »

Can any tell me what bore the wheel centres on a BX are please? (1.7 n/a hatch, 1990). Got some non-standard alloy wheels off a Clio which I`m reliablity told are the same `ET` and `PCD` as my old bus but I think the bore maybe different?
Thank`s in advance.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

jonkw wrote:Hello,

BX (as are most Citroen, ZX, Xantia etc) PCD is 4x108 with an offset of 15-20, bore being 65.1.
A quick websearch reveals that Clio's have a 60.1 bore with a PCD of 4x100.

You be better looking for wheels off something like ZX, Xantia, 205, 309,309,405 all of which use same PCD bore and offset as your BX.
Many thank`s. A bit of a bummer as the Clio wheels cost me nothing. I may be able to get some 205 1.9 alloys though which are very tidy so perhaps that`s the answer?
I don`t want the 1.6 ones as they have solid centres and have to be balanced on the car.
I`m gradually doing little jobs to my BX, fitted a better interior, have a towbar to go on and might even try and get a GTi bodykit for it.
I`ve just spent my first money on it since buying it about 18 months ago, bar a second hand alternator for a fiver from a scrappy.
It`s had new rear spheres and had all front/rears re-gassed at a cost of £178 inc. fitting and V.A.T, does that sound fair?
I can`t really complain as it`s so good on diesel it`s unreal-went on a 285 mile journey on £15 worth of diesel!
Cheers for your help.
M

Post by M »

Make sure you get wheel bolts too with the Pug alloys - the standard steel wheel bolts are not correct for alloy fitment and have the wrong shoulder - They are also a bit shorter than the alloy ones.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Marty wrote:Make sure you get wheel bolts too with the Pug alloys - the standard steel wheel bolts are not correct for alloy fitment and have the wrong shoulder - They are also a bit shorter than the alloy ones.
Cheers, will do. I missed a cracking set of alloys on eBay a couple of months ago, £130 for four brand new 15s, very nice too. Silly me.
M

Post by M »

Blinking flip - £130 thats more than my car is worth.
cavmads

Value of car.

Post by cavmads »

Know what you mean but I`ve developed a love of mine now and don`t really mind spending on it to some extent.
It does really need power steering so maybe a cheap spares/repairs car from good old eBay might do the job.
Is it a difficult swap would you know? I have got a very cheap mechanic I know who would fit it neccessary but he`ll complain if it`s a pain in the derriere.
M

Post by M »

Ebay - search for Citroen BX alloys - set of graphite alloys in Glouster with bolts for £20 :wink:
cavmads

Wheels.

Post by cavmads »

Bl**dy hell, that`s cheap enough. I`ll have a look at them thank`s and may have a dabble at them late on. Long way from here (Cheshire) but a bargain is a bargain.
I collect scrap cars for a (part time) living and I`m hoping something will turn up soon coz I`m tight fisted!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Are you sure Jon? they look just like my Graphite ones, There are more on ebay today, the silver type, way down south though.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft