Remote Plip.

BX Tech talk
tim leech

Remote Plip.

Post by tim leech »

Ive recently bought a new old stock remote plip and receiver for my 16v, there coded together so it was a case of just plug it in and off you go, which I did and it works! :D

Thing is it wont lock or unlock the drivers door :( , but will everything else, I can lock/unlock the car using the key from the drivers door no problem though! : :shock:

Any ideas?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Anyone? :shock:
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Tim :D

The problem is not related to the plip.
Its a local problem to the door lock motor and its wiring - and then most likely the door to pillar loom.
Sorry - but its one of those pigs of jobs which needs the door card off and messing about with the wiring in the affected door.

Gently try pull home all the small gauge wires - the bad one will of course be very easy to pull back as it is sheared and shows no resistance. Then use one of its "mates" from the near fusebox/pillar loom - cut it at pillar and use it to pull/withdraw 2 new wires back into the door. Now you have 2 new wires to replace the one that was bad and the one you sacrificed as puller.

Good luck :wink:
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

As a matter of interest does the pasenger door operate the central looking? As wired by Citroen it shouldn't and the terminal on the controller is taken for the plip!

If it turns out to be a door lock problem the Maplins 5 terminal one fits straight in the front doors with no drilling or messing around except for the need to connect it!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Jeremy, yes it seems that most of the BXs I have had do not have central locking from the passenger door.
However my TD estate 1993 does lock the doors from the passenger door. So it does happen on some.................

No doubt the wiring can be modified to make it happen on any car - if the owner thinks it is worth the trouble ( which neatly explains why it is not working on 2 out of 3 Bxs on my drive at the moment).
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No jeremy its never worked from the passenger side. It had remote locking back in 1998/9 when I first had it and at that time it all worked ok.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

My `92/93 TXD estate has central locking which works off the passenger door too, maybe it was only later ones which did?
Vauxhall apologist.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

All BX'es w/ CL's I've owned had CL control from both front doors.

One had an owner's mod done to the boot door - i.e. a CL motor with the built on key position sensor switch. Inded a very nice feature !
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

CL

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi 1991 diesel and it has central locking operating on both doors, my sons 1990 is the same so I'm not sure, it looks like another Citroen "thing".
Cheers.
Geoff.