paint code for bx??

BX Tech talk
les wilson

paint code for bx??

Post by les wilson »

hi , could anyone please tell me where i can find the paint code of my bx ???? its a white bx16v , 1989 , g reg , anyone know which name is given to the colour please ...cheers les :D
mi16x4, 205 gti ( track days only) , p1 bx gti ( am going to sprint in 2006)
M

Post by M »

Pop the bonnet, have a shuftie on the NS inner wing near the strut. Will be a 4 didgit number in yellow paint.

Then cross reference with paint code chart given on links page (BX DIY site). http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/mai ... ml#Numbers

Tah Dah!

On the other hand if its been welded over, painted over or had new wings thanks to a shunt, go and but some dulux off white gloss - that should do it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
les wilson

Post by les wilson »

oh dear ,looks like its dulux gloss then , because i cant find code :cry: , must be a cut n shut then eh?? :shock: if anyone has got a white bx p1 can you please tell me the paint code , ( or are there a wide veriaty??)
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I have a white BX16V that's an '89 model so if you want to post or PM me your ORGA number, I'll tell you what code mine has which I would imagine has to be a starting point.

I would suggest when you get it, go to the paint shop and ask for what is referred to in the trade as a "tester" which is about 100mls of the mixed colour so it can be taken and a drop put somewhere inconspicuous to do a comparison.
Believe it or not but white as with black is possibly the easiest colour to pick any varience with. I once repainted a Mazda E2200 van and mixed my own colour by eye. Everyone freaked out when I began pouring heaps of green into the mix but when completed I could park it next to an original and the difference couldn't be seen.
Also, I have found that Cits have another trick with their paint codes; some have capitals followed by small case numbers. The caps are the colour, but the lower case the variation so again, both sets need to be quoted to get a reasonably perfect match.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Alaska White - EWS but you'll need the extra digit to figure out the specific variant! What do you need to paint? If its a body part then ideally you want to replace with a scrap part as the paint will fade and a scrap part will at least have some fade and probably be a better match! I'm about to get a lod of white spares as well, just let me know if your interested!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:Alaska White - EWS but you'll need the extra digit to figure out the specific variant! What do you need to paint? If its a body part then ideally you want to replace with a scrap part as the paint will fade and a scrap part will at least have some fade and probably be a better match! I'm about to get a lod of white spares as well, just let me know if your interested!
Vanny, are you going to break my old BX? No problem if you do, it`s your call but if so please let me know. I may do a nice discount if I swap some of the doors over....
Vauxhall apologist.
les wilson

Post by les wilson »

aahh , the digits are there, its EWTcS is that my code then???
M

Post by M »

Speak to Mr B when he returns from his jollies as he has a white BX with rust free doors he may be willing to part with for a few beer vouchers.
les wilson

Post by les wilson »

its actually for the front bumper , the bumper is in good nick but needs a repaint ( whoever had it before me did a bad job of painting it ) , sso im trying to clean it up 8)
les wilson

Post by les wilson »

have used bmw alpine white for the front bumper and it matches pretty well :D , probably as good a match as i will get 8)