Swearing alert!

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Swearing alert!

Post by cavmad »

F*"$%ng b*ll&%ks. Wound the (electric) passenger window down on my estate and it won`t go back up. Three and half hours later it`s now wedged in with a piece of wood. I`m not a happy bunny as I`ve replaced the motor and the mechanism and it still only goes down and not up. I also used a spare section of wiring and umpteen switches which I knew worked well but it ain`t having it.
Come in to see how my car was doing on eBay and the t*ssers have removed the listing because I stated Paypal adds 4%. Like they don`t make enough money out of people anyway the robbing b*st*rds. Now going to relist it and I`m not accepting Paypal anymore, knackers to them.
What a day I`m having, be glad to go back to work tomorrow.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi mine did this check the wiring in the rubber trunk on drivers side between door and body also check n/s as well you will find at least one or more broken wires mine had 4 it is a common problem. :roll:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thankyou mate, I`ve just received an e-mail from the chap who I bought it off and he says the same. I should have checked on here before I spent hours messing about with it so another valuable lesson learned!
Appreciate the help though, many thanks.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I got mine shut by having the wife press her button to close then carefully move my door open and closed till it made contact and closed the window.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Where straight-feed 12v motors on the BX are concerned, I nowadays tend to go for the jugular: disconnect them and then use my trusty booster pack and a crocodile-clip arrangement to test motor action. I can't remember the exact wiring arrangments, but I've got an old RD loom that I might be able to dismember for you, if it's a practical task, though I strongly suspect it isn't. I'll look anyway.