Lower Rad Hose on TZD Needed

BX Tech talk
roscoe
BXpert

Lower Rad Hose on TZD Needed

Post by roscoe »

Hi Folks
Does anyone know if the lower rad hose for a TZD is still available - is part number 95 638 588 and listed as water inlet hose. Is hose #1 in hose diagram on Citroen-pr site. I can't get on in Australia as they didn't bring the diesel BXs over here - so need to know if I can get one from the UK. Any information/help most appreciated.
Also, am running some rad flush through the sytem to try and clean out the rad as it sometimes get up close ot a 100C when working - and local rad shop doesn't think they can pull end tanks off and rod the core - anyone know if this is possible on the TZD rad or not? Again, got buckleys' chance of getting a new rad over here and freight from the UK would be a killer.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I bought one of these hoses about a year ago which is still here as I never fitted it.

Cost was an absolute rip off, about £30 which is a joke when you can get one for the n/a diesel for about £20 and that is a much more complicated piece of kit.
Brian
BXpert

Post by Brian »

Hi Rosco,

A thought...

If you can take the old one to a motor factors, you may be able to match the ends with other available hoses, and link with suitable plastic or copper tubes.

I have performed this trick on that hose using ends from a NA hose and copper tube.

I know that some people would shudder introducing copper into the system, but the hard tube links reduces the risk of the rubber collapsing at high revs..

Good Luck
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Is your car a BX 19 TZD or a BX TZD Turbo. It is important as the bottom hoses are different.
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

Hi Jeremy
It's a TZD Turbo - the bottom hose doesn't have the T piece in it and goes direct from lower offside of rad to water pump inlet on back of block. Hose doesn't leak but is getting soft, so I think it might be collapsing under acceleration/work which might be why the temp is climbing when under load/flogging it...
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

Just thinking about Brian's reply - that might be a good idea - does anyone know what diameter this hose is - I am assuming like most Citroen ones, it is different on both ends? If I can find a suitable hose/hoses with the correct diameter and bends for the two end points, I can probably get a piece of stainless tubing fabricated for the centre bit at a local motorcycle exhaust fabricators' place - I've seen his work and can do just about anything.. That way it shouldn't cause any electrolysis/dissimilar metals type of issues.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307