Front height corrector & doseur return pipes

BX Tech talk
Baldbazza
BXpert

Front height corrector & doseur return pipes

Post by Baldbazza »

Any clues as to how to change the front height corrector return pipe with the engine in situ?

I'm trying to change the rubber return pipe assembly on the GT from front & rear height correctors and FDV. Changed all other connections fine but can't work out how on earth to get to the front height corrector. Can see it (just) from under the car, but can't reach. Very wary of damaging the octopus head immediately below.

Also want to change the doseur return pipe. Can feel the connection underneath the housing but can't see it, and can't work out how to get to the jubilee clip sort-of-thing.

Any clues, tips, hints etc. gratefully received. :)
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'm told it makes life easier if you take out the o/s driveshaft.

I've always managed myself without doing this. I usually take the front wheel off, sit and get comfortable (this may take some time) and work from under the wheel arch.

If the pipe is fitted with a clip, a long thin screwdriver may be needed as you can get your left hand round behind the subframe to undo it.

A very powerful lamp also helps to see what your doing.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Drive shaft out!

I figure it can be done without, but i have hands of a real ale drinker and just cant flex that way. Did a whole octopus on a BX in a car park in Slaford Quays with a minimum of tools so i guess it's only a 2 spanner rating on the Haynes system :D Once the shaft was out i went at it from under the car with my head just rear of the sump and legs out past the hub, knowing that there is a clip needed is a bonus, take a spare under with you! And be meticulous about the pipes routing, it will benefit in the long run!
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Thanks guys. Will try again tomorrow. Needs a new driveshaft gaiter anyway.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT