Puddle

BX Tech talk
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

The back ones are at the very rear corners of the sunroof opening - if you remove the sunroof glass and shine a torch to the back you can see them. I used a flexible bit of electric cable from the bottom of my rear ones and pushed it up until it appeared in the roof, then used compressed air to follow and make sure they were clear. Vacuumed the whole roof area out with a long, thin extension, poured loads of hot (to clean/kill mould) water into the channels and watched it flow out the back corners of the car. Haven't had a drop of water in it since and that was 3 years ago. Prior to that everytime we had a rain storm, the whole rear seat area filled up, under the seat as well. I got tired of taking the carpet out, insulation out, popping out the floor plugs to drain it all....and two weeks later redoing the whole thing. Never had a problem with the fronts as when parked, the rear drops first and water tends to flow to the back - unless you park on a hill with front downhill...
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

In answer to Vanny's question, not got the foggiest why it goes from one pillar to the other, rust holes? I dont think i want to look. If the tray theory is correct, it could overspil at any side & flood out anywhere, probably came out of the speaker as that was the easiest route for the water to get out due to air pressure?

Or perhaps a neat citroen drain hole disguised as a speaker for aesthetic reasons, certainly wasnt for sound.... got some lovely 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf....