Clock removal!

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Clock removal!

Post by cavmad »

How the blinking heck do you get the dashboard clocks out of a BX? I can`t believe I`m asking as I have removed two sets before without trouble and now I`m struggling :cry:
Have the front screws out (near the steering wheel) but the clocks seemed to be either hinged or attached to something at the back. Any ideas please before I take my biggest persuading stick to them in a fit of temper?
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

billy remove the centre digital clock tray then feel in under the instrument panel you will find a thumb screw then remove the panel by the driver knee fell in again and there will be another thumb screw the clocks should then come out.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Aaron, I`ll have a blat at that tomorrow!
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

no problem billy pleased i could help.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Sometimes its not a thumbscrew but a kind of pressed steel nut, for these I use an 11mm socket gripped in my fingers, the rh side one is accessed through the knee level switch pod hole, remember to catch the black rubber washers and refit any bits of spongy material in there (squeak prevention)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Yeah they had placcy wingnuts as standard. People sometimes drop them when taking the off and replace with normal 10mm nuts that you can only get about a 20th of a turn on each time :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Erm, knee level switch pod hole? Is this where the bottom steering column cowl is and somewhere near the dimmer switch for the dashboard lights?
I`ve already carefully removed the cowling, well I started carefully anyhow. First two or three screws came out ok, the two behind the steering wheel didn`t want to play ball though so cowling was `gently` removed using a lump hammer. There are now various bits of black platic strewn all over the interior :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

No its the one by your drivers knee it should have an electric mirror switch on it and a fog light switch.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Right you are ace, I`ve already removed that panel with mirro switches and front fog switch (see for sale and wanted!). Could be handy that, cheers Aaron!
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

cavmad wrote:First two or three screws came out ok, the two behind the steering wheel didn`t want to play ball though so cowling was `gently` removed using a lump hammer. There are now various bits of black platic strewn all over the interior :lol:
mmm....I found you had to remove the steering wheel first to get access to these torx type screws?

Is this a spares car that you are cannabilising? :shock: :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Luckily, yes! You can turn the wheel enough to get to the screws by the way, just on this one the b*st*rds wouldn`t budge at all :evil: :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.