BX Tech talk
- 1K Away
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:32 pm
- Location: Burgundy Banana Buggy
- Our Trim Guru
- Posts: 1569
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 6:41 pm
- Location: Gosport, Hampshire, UK
- My Cars: None since the last BX.
- x 1
Worn valve stem seals are easy to diagnose - engine braking in a lower gear (preferably on a steep downward slope ) will produce clouds of blue smoke when you step on the accelerator afterwards. Head-on replacement ois possible, but I paid someone to do it the last time I had this problem, so can't advise on precise methods. My considered opinion is that an italian service will do nothing to resolve the problem if it is valve-stem seals.
Relying on two wheels and musclepower since the last BX (or any car) had to go.