Rusty sunroof?

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Rusty sunroof?

Post by cavmad »

Someone has asked about the sunroof on my spares car and wants to know if it`s rusty. I`m not sure how I would know this without removing it first, it does seem reluctant to open. It slides in a few centremeters but that`s it, though this may be down to lack of use or a lazy motor. Could someone please tell me what kind of job they are to remove and how I`ll know if it`s rusty? I realise that asking how I`ll know if it`s rusty may sound daft but just wonered if I could tell somehow?
Thanks in advance,
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

The easiest way to remove a sunroof it to remove the whole head lining as the sunroof it an intergal part of it you remove all the grab handles the sunvisors the roof centre panel then there is two large screws at the back under some round blank plugs one on each side roughly next to your head if you was a rear passenger then there is 2 screws just inside the front lip of the sunroof so you will need to remove the glass panel if you cannot get it open then you will need to remove the glass panel that is done by removing the 3 torq screws at the front of the sunroof then slide back the sliding rail there is then 3 torq screws on each side of the sunroof remove these and the glass panel just lifts out now you can remove the two screws at the front but get some help to support the headlining while you take the screws out once out lower the headlining down and take it out through the boot. :roll:
Did this on the TZS as the sunroof leaked and it was sealed shut with silicone
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Aaron, will have a go at that hopefully today. I`ll also try and see if I can persaude the central locking remote and receiver to work and let you know.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Thanks billy dont worry to much about the plip let me know what you want and ship it down to me as is I will stick new battery in and try it out but most importantly it was working and is a matched pair so i can fix that and get it working. :lol:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp