Coding Blaupunkt radios question.

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Coding Blaupunkt radios question.

Post by cavmad »

Got what`s posibly the original radio cassette with my BX , a Blaunpunkt, and have the code with it. Tried to fit it this morning and have the three dashes displayed on the screen. However I can`t seem to enter the code for it-anyone know the secret please? I have the code obviously but can`t figure out how to enter it. Tried pushing the buttons in sequence of the code but naff all happens.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

it should be
button (preset) 1 for numeral 1
button (preset) 2 for second number
button (preset) 3 for third number
then button 4 to enter the code.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I don`t think it`s working as pressing any of the buttons resulted in diddly squat.
I have another similar radio out of an AX I scrapped a few months ago but what`s the betting I`ve binned the code for it?!!!!
Thanks for your help anyway mate, I`ll know for next time.
Vauxhall apologist.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

It is because you are not doing it in the correct sequence. one button needs to be pushed to begin entering the code and another needs to be pressed once the code is in. I'll root around and try to find a manual for it and post it here sometime next week if I can find it.Until then, leave it alone because they don't like repeated tries.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Tom, would appreciate that. I did purchase something off eBay once that supposedly helped de-code radios but it`s probably another of those grand ideas that never actually work.
Vauxhall apologist.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Normally on Blaupunkts it's a question of entering the code through the tuning preset keypad, and then pressing the autotune button on the top l/h corner of the set. I'm still looking for a manual that tom passed back to me (after I originally passed it to him).
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

The Blaupunkt CC20 in my TXD is in need of decoding..... possibly due to the car standing since 2002 :roll:

I saw a long thread recently on one of the Cit forums re decoding but can't trace it now, anyone else know?
PhilW

Post by PhilW »