Front wheel arch LHM leakage

BX Tech talk
StephTZD

Front wheel arch LHM leakage

Post by StephTZD »

Hi
We have started getting a fluid leak under both front wheel arches. The suspension rise fine and the front struts aren't particularly jerky.
It takes about a fortnight for the fluid level to drop from normal to stop light flickering point.
I clean the fluid off and raised and lowered the car several times but couldn't see any fluid leak. It didn't build up until after a few days. I've checked the return pipes but they seem to be ok.
Before I replace them I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.
Also is there an easy way of fitting the clips?!!
Many thanks
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Security valve return pipe?

Don't know if it's located in the same place (on top of nearside front subframe mount) but it went on my 16v. The LHM can run across the crossmember of the subframe, making it appear as if fluid is leaking from both sides.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The easiest way of fitting the clips I've found is with a pair of pincers, like the ones you'd pull nails out with. :)
They think it's all over, it is now!
StephTZD

Post by StephTZD »

Many thanks for the responses.
I don't think it is the security valve return as it is completely dry under middle of car. But I will double check just to be sure as I am assuming the problem is strut related (never assume anything in life!!!)
With regard to the pincers fixing the clip how do you get the hook end past the notch?
Cheers