rear screen demisters

BX Tech talk
Brian King
BX 4x4 Owner. Brave.

rear screen demisters

Post by Brian King »

If my experience is anything to go by they fail with regularity. And all this rainy weather is revealing them all.It's always (in my experience) the connection where the wire meets (or doesn't meet) the demisting lines. I cannot offer any DIY advice, and the combination of red hot soldering irons and glass sets my teeth on edge, but I have found a garage which knows Citroens and the boss repairs these brilliantly. Upside down (which is the situation with the hatch open). It's in Gloucester, which isn't convenient for everybody, but depending on how irritated you are with a van-like driving experience, it could be worth a trip to have it done while you wait.
Phone 01452 386580. Speak to the boss.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I've fixed a few of these, agreed though it takes a bit of luck and a gentle touch to avoid trashing it!

Do you drink ale mate??

I'm up in Stroud every weekend, not far from you, fancy a pint sometime in the new year??

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Alarldite the connector bracket onto the window, then use silver paint (computer over clockers use this by religion so its easy ot buy) then paint between the stuck down copper connector and the contact plate on the window (bit of sand paper to the contact plate helps!).

Wouldn't ever go near a window with a soldering iron again (well in fairness, last time i was watching) its very much a brown trouser moment when the whole rear window implodes!!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Mine has this problem, but everytime I switch the thing on the fuse blows and I also lose the horn :shock:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Then the live feed is grounding out and you should have a look at the cables where they emerge from the roof.