TZD Alternator Belt Size

BX Tech talk
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

Thanks Chris
I'd hang off until the end of this week - there are some things I've not got yet from Canada that should have arrived before Christmas as well - so might get a large delivery when the local posties get back to work on the 2nd. Will let you know if/when it comes so don't resend anything just yet.

Back to work for me tomorrow as well :cry: :cry: - just starting to enjoy the time off and it's over!

Happy New Year - hope 2007 is good to you - no more toerags torching BXs!
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

and a very happy new year to you mate!
I understand from AF that you're getting some fairly bizarre weather "down under"?

No probs mate, I now have two more in stock so they are "on standby"!

Have a great year, you and all!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

docchevron1472 wrote:and a very happy new year to you mate!
I understand from AF that you're getting some fairly bizarre weather "down under"?

No probs mate, I now have two more in stock so they are "on standby"!

Have a great year, you and all!

Cheers
Chris G
Yep, like walking around with the air/con following you instead of turning into a grease spot even if you are in air/con like it was this time last year. :oops: :oops: :twisted:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html

Some places have had the coolest December (in one case since 1888) on record or in the past 100 years...make the best of it....it won't last. ~ale~

Alan S ----^
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
meep
Confirmed BX'er

Post by meep »

jonkw wrote:BX TD alternator belt without aircon is a 5PK0700. Most manufacturers seem to offer this size.
If you have not fitted the aircon, theres no need to remove the rad to swap the alternator. Simply remove the alternator top adjuster bracket from the engine, then pull out and remove the drivers headlamp. The alternator can then be removed via the resultant hole in the front panel!!! I did one like this a couple of weeks ago very quickly.
Thanks for the top tip! 8)

Used that recently and it worked a treat :D

I just add that removing the little pipe on the side of the rad helps too, I split mine, but fortunately still had some pipe left over from when the other oil filter warmer pipe split 8)

That's what makes this place so worthwhile :D