LHM pipe broken off.

BX Tech talk
adamskibx
BXpert

LHM pipe broken off.

Post by adamskibx »

I went to check the tyre pressures yesterday on the BX, and noticed that a clear pipe had completely come off the pressure regulator/accumulator unit. Its the pipe that goes under the gearbox area and then up towards the bulkhead somewhere.

I tried to re attatch the pipe, but the Citroen botch style like rubber thing it goes into was also missing. Does anyone know where I can get this part, or what its called? My Red light of death has now come on!

Cheers, Adam
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks for that tip John. I had to fix it first thing this morning as I had to drive the family about. Managed to use a combination of a 3cm section of old BX14 radiator hose (the narrow bit), and a 1 cm section of nephrene cryogenic hose from my Dads chiropody surgery :) I hope LHM doesnt eat that away!

Its really odd actually, as the first time I noticed the pipe had come off, hardly any fluid was coming out, but by the time I fixed it, I had to use some pretty strong screw type clamps or the gush of fluid just blew the whole pipe off every time the PR clicked.