Reversing light switch

BX Tech talk
mnde
Meteor Man

Reversing light switch

Post by mnde » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Hello chaps,

My reversing lights don't work, and I immediately suspect the reversing light switch hasn't been reconnected (car has had new clutch installed recently).

Can anyone tell me where I can find it?... cos out here (near Cardiff, on holiday) I have no Haynes BOL, and I couldn't spot anything obvious with my torch....

Cheers!

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate
1997 Renault Mégane RT 1.4e
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - gone to Scotland

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:56 pm

It's on the front of the box near the end of the clutch release fork arm, it has a plug on it and the whole unit faces towards the front of the car, the loom from the plug then has two further connectors under the battery tray mate.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...

jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:30 pm

Should you need Haynes on your travels you can download one (Last edition - english) from here (top BX document - most of the rest if not all are english as well)

http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm

mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers!

Unfortunately the Haynes files I downloaded don't comprise the whole manual. It's missing Chapter 6 which I believe is the Clutch/gearbox chapter.

Doc: I've spotted a disconnected wire poking out from under the battery tray... so I'll have to have get the battery out of the way when I get the chance so I can get at it properly.

Cheers!

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate
1997 Renault Mégane RT 1.4e
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - gone to Scotland

ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:17 pm

16 TGS you should be able to se and get at it easily enough with removing the battery. :?

The switch itself is almost right under the clutch arm mechanism with a two pin plug in that area which should be clipped onto the top foward facing part of the gearbox.
They think it's all over, it is now!