More on calipers......

BX Tech talk
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Get them hot enough and resistance is futile, a subtle combination of hot spanner and the big hammer gets it done most times, have a bag of rears in various states that I will get to you Jon.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Another convert! I've used the 13mm nut welded on for years! There is almost certainly a thread on A/S devoted to the job!
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

I must have been lucky today, I managed to shift three out of four bleeders with little effort. The O/S rear refused to budge though, even with a bit of blow lamp heat. I didn't want to resort to welding a nut on as don't have a spare bleed nipple :roll:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Take your time Mr B : :lol: they live to snap and I think the nipples are longer than the front ones too, in my worst case I snapped one that had opened a bit so it dripped! and the car was sold too, exit to scrapyard pdq :oops: which is probably why I have found a bag of the things in the pile.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

I have a spare calliper on the dead TZ but I haven't had a look yet to see if the bleeder will move or not. It was a busy day and bleeding the rear brakes fell at the wrong end of it, so when the little bleeder refused to move I kinda gave up :roll: I was only bleeding to put fresh LHM in the lines so it wasn't the end of the world I couldn't move the darn thing :!: