Ignition switch & steering lock K reg BX GTI

BX Tech talk
JohnHA
Confirmed BX'er

Ignition switch & steering lock K reg BX GTI

Post by JohnHA »

First up, my new (2nd hand) heater blower motor has been fitted and is A.O.K. Thanks for all your advice.
Sadly another problem, my ignition switch has been suspect for a while. I went to the German, Swedish & French supliers and bought a new one, Part No. 256578 made by Valeo.
My old one was Simplex and when i bought my car i saw that position A, (accessories on, ignition off) was not working properly, in that the ignition came on at A, the same as position M. everything worked ok without any fuss so i left it. Now i have the new switch fitted i find i still have the same situation, position A, ignition on, position M, ignition on, position D starter motor. The wiring from Simplex is 4 White & 4 Red, same as Valeo.
Any ideas or have i been sold a "pup" :oops: :evil:
Thanks,
JohnHA
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
it sounds like your new one may not be exactly the same as the old one. even if the new one has same number wires the connection order on the ign is sometimes different. i have recently changed my whole column as my ign barrel was fecked and the cylinder it was sitting in had had the securing bolt grinded off by previous owner ofter loosing the key.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Have you checked the new switch with a meter or battery and bulb - to see if it really is at fault.

I think it more likely that someone has fiddled with the wiring elsewhere and has connected something connecting the running and auxiliary positions