ZX issues

BX Tech talk
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

ZX issues

Post by timbo »

Hello one and all :lol:

I have got a good little ZX but it hasn't come without it's own problems and annoying little things. I had the car for about 4 months and the heater direction flap (ie floor, face or windscreen) stopped working. I have pulled the radio out and had a go at turning the lever on the ducting by hand and it all works fine. I think there is a problem with the flap "INSIDE" ..... I think this may require the removal of the dashboard to remove it all ..... but is there a way of being able to move this flap so that i can change the position of air flow. I want to redirect the air to the windscreen to stop the misting up. At present it is on the "face" position. If i can just get it to change I won't worry about trying to pull the dashboard out etc ... the other thing is... can the windscreen wiper "park" position be changed over to the "RIGHT" hand side???? and how can it be done??
cheers
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

With the heater flap issue I think you just need to locate the other flap and somehow fix it in the required position, I did not take enough pictures when I had a ZX dash out and so cannot help with the location of the flap you need, re the wiper parking, on the BX remove the covering and operate the wiper, keeping fingers well away look at the linkages, one short arm has a 10mm nut holding it on, when you have located the right bit stop the wiper (I used the ignition key to stop it at an accessible point) slacken the nut and turn the flat linkage through 180 degrees, re-tighten the nut, lift the blade off the screen and try it.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft