Heater at Full Power

BX Tech talk
ostreet

Heater at Full Power

Post by ostreet »

All,
The Heater Blower runs constantly at full power even when the dial is turned fully to off. The Dial is working, spent a day crawling aroud inside the dash to confirm that. Also when turned to off the air is blocked from entering the car. Fan still runs at full power.

Any thoughts.
Please.?

Cheers
O
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Hello and welcome aboard.
Sounds like your heater blower module has failed. You'll find this located in the blower duct just downstream from the motor.
You will need to remove the skuttle from under the windscreen and undo the 3 (i think) 10mm bolts/nuts and 1 pozi screw securing the duct. Once you've managed to turn the duct on to its side you'll see the module with plug and about 4 wires.
New ones are about £20 but you may be able to get one via local scrappies.
Good luck. Ken
They think it's all over, it is now!
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Either the transistor has failed collector-emitter short: most unlikely or the full speed relay has welded its contacts together which is more likely. I'd begin by disconnecting the full speed relay which is beside the steering column. If you still have the fault, there will need to be some sleuthing done. I have never yet failed to sort one of these out but If you can wait until ground control puts up the new Ramblings column, which won't be long there is a detailed guide to sorting out faults which you will find helpful, at least to rule out various possibilities.
ostreet

Post by ostreet »

Cheers for the suggestions guys.
Will have a root around and see if I can find the high speed fan relay. And if that doesn't work i'll take the Heater blower module route. (and be back when I realise I don't quite know what i'm doing :D )