going for a battery later advice please

BX Tech talk
saint gaz
BXpert

going for a battery later advice please

Post by saint gaz »

Not posted for a while, since my bump in December. But thanks very much to Vanny, Cavmad & my brother the old girl should be back on the road later this week.
Last year I thought my battery was on its last legs and over the last few weeks as we have been working on the car I have charged it a few times so that we can move it to work were we have been doing the work. My hydrometer (sp?) shows two cells to be down even after a full night on charge. There was enough charge to turn the engine so I could get the car to work.
Over the week end I have priced up batteries locally and Costco proved to be the cheapest. They are doing a Bosh one for around £35 (065). My engine size is 1400 petrol, if I go for one for a 1.9 diesel (027) will the car's charging system be able to cope and will it fit. I remember last time I posted something like this some one came back and said the 065 is a bit guttless.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

O65 should turn a 1400 over all day. 063 would be the listed one for your car, but I'd go for the 065.

I have a 065 on the txd for the moment, but thats about to change. :wink:
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

Thanks Ken,
i did a search earlier and found my last Battery "topic". i do have an 063 on at the moment, but i will go for the 065 as that is what is in costco for £35 (bosch silver) with a four year guarantee, will probably out live the car...