Remote locking.....

BX Tech talk
martin

Remote locking.....

Post by martin »

Hi all, could anyone please tell me is a 1991-1992 BX Meteor supposed to have remote central locking ?
If so does anyone know where to get the plip and how much £ ?
Finally would the receiver and plip from an XM work ?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Sorry to disappoint but no. I'm fairly sure remote locking was only on tzd/tzs.
They think it's all over, it is now!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Have a look inside (underneath where the aerial is) - if you see a small black plastic done protruding from the trim, that is the receiver for the remote central locking.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

If you have a silvery dome up on the sunroof control area then yes, THe Meteors were fairly well endowed with goodies.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

The other give away for plip (remote) control is does the passenger door lock operate the electric locking system or just unlock that door. Strange but true - the plip uses that terminal on the controller!

You may be able to fit someone elses interface which has the advantage of coming with a pair of new plips. I think Maplins do one for about £50 - and you get an alarm as well.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod ... =&doy=6m10

jeremy
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`s just remotely possible I may be able to help you. I still have a remote `plipper` from a 405 Peugot which I scrapped and it was working fine when the car got weighed in.
On the back of it just visible in red letters is the following information:
A000 284L then what looks like: CEPT LPD-D. It MIGHT be a Scrpion jobby as there does vaguely appear to be what looks like a picture of a scorpion on it.
The red light still flashes briefly when you press either of the two button on the unit. One button is red and the other is black-I would assume lock and unlock.
If you p.m me your name, address and postcode you`re more than welcome to it and if it doesn`t work just bin it. I`ll post it out to you as soon as I can, probably tomorrow afternoon.
Vauxhall apologist.
martin

Post by martin »

Thanks for the replys.
Cavmad , upon removal of the sunroof motor panel i could not see any receiver so i dont think your 'plip' would work but thanks for your offer and keep hold of it anyway. :) The car does seem to have some kind of alarm but no plips as there are sensors on the windscreen pillars (pos why the c/l does'nt work ?)

BTW all, i picked my BX Meteor yesterday evening 8) :D (this is the first time i have been at my PC !) and everything seems good/genuine so far but there are inevatably a few small issues with the car (just discovered c/l not working = boot always open = poss thieving scum !) plus the things i have already mentioned in my previous posts.

Hope to get some pics up as soon as i can ! You wont believe the interior condition !!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

No problem Martin. I suppose it`s possible that the alarm didn`t have a facility for locking the doors anyhow and it sounds like the central locking playing up on you car may be something fairly simple. Isn`t there some sort of solenoid for each door which works when you turn the key in the door locks? If so, and assuming you can locate the one for the boot, do you have a spare one you could try?
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Mine wont work even with a good known reciever and plip, the legacy of an old alarm system I am going to get an alarm fitted and get the remote locking going that way so there a plip and reciever available if anyone needs one
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
martin

Post by martin »

I have fixed the central locking !
Good job i checked the obvious place first before starting taking door panels off as it was just a fuse but why it has popped is a mystery ,poss to do with what i can make out to be an old ? Foxguard alarm ?
Also i have found that the interior lights dont work with the doors open but work when switched manually (strange,again alarm ?) and the 'lights on' buzzer doesnt seem to work although im sure i heard it once when starting the car with the lights on and door open . :?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

martin wrote:I have fixed the central locking !
Good job i checked the obvious place first before starting taking door panels off as it was just a fuse but why it has popped is a mystery ,poss to do with what i can make out to be an old ? Foxguard alarm ?
Also i have found that the interior lights dont work with the doors open but work when switched manually (strange,again alarm ?) and the 'lights on' buzzer doesnt seem to work although im sure i heard it once when starting the car with the lights on and door open . :?
That does seem strange! As I`m sure you know it`s only when the keys are out of the ignition that the lights on buzzer normally operates, though I suppose if they are only pushed in (as opposed turned to position 2 or 3) then the buzzer may still operate.
Also (and I`m not taking the p*ss I promise) have you tried putting the switch on the interior lights to a different position then opening and shutting the doors to see if they come on? I did it on mine just this morning and the easiest way is to have the door open whilst you move the switch until the light comes on. Then just close the door and if the light`s gone off you`ve cracked it.
Stating the bleeding obvious like I said but I`ve overlooked it many times in the past!
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I expect the switches in the door pillars which operate the interior lights have corroded - they all seem to after about 10 years. You may be able to clean them but new ones are less than a couple of pounds from GSF and places and so you may not think its worth the bother of messing with the old ones.

The lights on warning is operated from these switches - so won't work if the interior lights do not work automatically.

jeremy