O/S front window required

BX Tech talk
ianselva
Confirmed BX'er

O/S front window required

Post by ianselva »

Hi, The drivers window on my TZD can not be wound down as the runner on the bottom has rusted and split. Is it possible to get just the runner or does it only come complete with glass.
Or has someone fairly local to Oxford got a spare one.

Cheers
Ian
BX owner since 1986
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

You can buy the runners new from Citroën dealers for not alot of outlay.

Although if anyone local has a spare glass, thats by far the easiest and quickest solution.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ianselva
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ianselva »

Sorry , I put that badly . Its the metal guide on the bottom of the window glass that the window mechanism runs in that has rusted and split.

Ian
BX owner since 1986
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Musat have been me that put it badly matey! I knew exactley what you meant!!

Yep, the guides are available, new, from main stealers, for about £15 IIRC. I just meant that if someone had a spare complete glass with guide fitted already then that may be the cheapest and easiest solution.
Fitting new guides can be a nause frankley, getting the bl**dy things to stay on can be interesting!!

Surely theres a member near to you that could furnish you with a guide or glass complete for a jar or two down the local?

If not, I have spare glass with guides attached, but posting them could be an issue, not sure I'd trust the GPO not to break the damn thing. And removing and reusing old guides is a receipe for disaster...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...