Let the games begin.

BX Tech talk
AlanS
BXpert

Let the games begin.

Post by AlanS »

Picked up the front mudguard today to replace the well mangled one but on a closer look, it appears that besides the front guard, I'm going to have to give the roof of the wagon a coat as well. Being an Estate, it has a roof rack which appears to have screws to remove the main side pieces but does anyone know what holds the rubber strips that run along the top of the turret? Double sided tape perchance? if so, what chance do I have of firstly removing it and secondly get them sitting flat and straight. Also the antenna; do I have to remove the hood lining to get it out? :shock:

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
M

Re: Let the games begin.

Post by M »

AlanS wrote:Picked up the front mudguard today to replace the well mangled one but on a closer look, it appears that besides the front guard, I'm going to have to give the roof of the wagon a coat as well. Being an Estate, it has a roof rack which appears to have screws to remove the main side pieces but does anyone know what holds the rubber strips that run along the top of the turret? Double sided tape perchance? if so, what chance do I have of firstly removing it and secondly get them sitting flat and straight. Also the antenna; do I have to remove the hood lining to get it out? :shock:

Alan S
Cant comment on the roof bars - but with regards the aerial - if there is no handy light assembly in the passenger compartment underneath (and I thought there was on BX's), if its like the Xantia, then yes its hood lining out to undo the little 10mm nut holding the whole caboodle on. :(
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

It's a TRi which has the light that swivels for the driver and passenger but no red dome there for the remote.
Them rubber lengthwyas running buffers look a worry

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The rubbers on the roof are like the door trim rubbers. Glued on with self adhesive tape.
There should be a small circular cover between the sunvisas to allow access for the arial.
Best of luck.

Ken.
They think it's all over, it is now!