Xantia Driveshafts?

BX Tech talk
mountainmanUK

Xantia Driveshafts?

Post by mountainmanUK »

Will Xantia 1.9 TD driveshafts fit a BX? (Off an 'M' reg)

A pair of (allegedly) perfectly serviceable shafts have come into my possession today! :wink: Cost = NIL.

I accepted them when offered, on the off chance that they may be OK for Monica. If no use as complete shafts, then I know that I could use the outer CV joints, as one of Monicasmay quite well be shagged, considering she's been running with a badly split boot for God knows how long!

If I can't make use of them, the rest of the shafts (inner joint etc) would probably be available to another member!.
Cheers
Dave
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Chances are they won't even fit other Xantia's :twisted:
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

These people sell joints separately - but their range is rather limited. You may be able to answer your question from their on-line catalogue. From a quick look the outer joints are different but this may only be a boot design - For example I know that 2 types of boot are used on a ZX 1.9D - one with an inner lip or something and one without - and its generally regarded that the only way to tell is to remove the boot!

Remember the ABS ring is not generally regarded as removable.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

In short mate, no, the complete shaft will not fit. The ends maybe usuable on the BX shaft depending on the manufacturer of both shafts and what Citroën had knocking about on the factory floor that day.

Without seeing them cant say for sure, but frankley, I think your chances are as slim as taking a dump in the queens handbag. :roll:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Oh buggeration!!
at least they were a freebie! :D
taking a dump in the queens handbag.
Chances are she'd be carrying the wrong size of toilet paper, knowing my luck! :wink: :lol:

cheers
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

No for sure and if you are tempted to try and fit the outer joint on the driveshaft, check that it is a good fit in the spline. I had one that seemed to be but stripped out in half a mile...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

mountainmanUK wrote: Chances are she'd be carrying the wrong size of toilet paper, knowing my luck! :wink: :lol:

cheers
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right you're defo on the list of people from this forum I HAVE to meet! Actually I've met a fair few now, but I reckon you're in same place as a few of us comedically speaking!

You definitley going to the national mate? I'll have to bring more beer! :wink:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

So long as Monica is fit enough to get me down to Godmanchester...I'll be at the National, Doc! :lol:
I'm SO looking forward to meeting up with a few of you guys too! (Only met Marty up to now!)
I reckon I'm gonna have to shove my li'l tent in the boot.....if there's gonna be BEER around! :wink:
Being a pro driver for a living, I gave up drinking on any day where I've gotta drive the following day (also got a 12 month ban back in the late 80s, which I have absolutely NO intention of doing again!

Also, and you'll p*ss yourself laughing at this one......I am 100% CONVINCED that I am now allergic to beer!!!! :shock: Every time I have a pint or two, within half an hour I'm sneezing my head off! :twisted:

So if you're packing extra beers, remember a box or two of Kleenex as well. I hear that you have a few habits that make use of them too! :wink:

Cheers
Dave
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The inner part of the OS one will, but that'd be about it.

Could try the outer joints, but BX ones aren't exactly rare or expensive, so I'd probably just go for the real deal.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

mountainmanUK wrote:So if you're packing extra beers, remember a box or two of Kleenex as well. I hear that you have a few habits that make use of them too! :wink:

Cheers
Dave
Have no fear Dave, there will be plenty of beer!

As for kleenex, well, wimmin are thin on the ground round here.... :wink: :lol:

Cheers
Chris G