HP pump question

BX Tech talk
toddao
BXpat

HP pump question

Post by toddao »

Is there a difference between the HP pump used on petrol and diesel models? I'm looking at a pump described as ' suitable for all BX petrol models'. It looks the same but would it fit my 1.9D? Thanks
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I could get you one if you need one. There is one I know to be good in a local scrap yard, but he's likely to want £20-25 for it.
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

The 16V pump sits in the same position as the diesel one but has a different pulley diameter on it - think it is 90mm vs 100 or 110mm for the diesel. I read somewhere recently that there were three pulley sizes on the pumps - diesels were largest, 16V smallest, with the rest of the petrol ones in between. Haven't seen anyone successfully remove the pressed on pulley from the pump, so unless it's the right diameter you won't be able to use it.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

The 16v pump is very different to the diesel pump, so even if you changed the pulley, you'd have to use the valver adjuster/idler wheel, and the mounting cage, and re-pipe the car to fit the pump, more trouble than it's worth really...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thankyou for the replies everyone. I'd only seen a bad picture of the other pump, so superficially it looked the same. Never seen the set-up in a petrol BX. It's a new item so I thought I'd get it in and replace my old one. Apparently new ones are dear. Passed up on a new diesel one last month for €40.
Thanks for offer Ken, I'll let you know after weekend when the new accumulator sphere is in.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read