Paint codes for BXs

BX Tech talk
AlanS
BXpert

Paint codes for BXs

Post by AlanS »

As they say; Houston, we gotta problem.
I'm in the process of restoring this BX Tri and it has stamped on it the paint code:
P U m R Only problem is that I took it to my local Dulux Automotive Paints store whereupon he put it into his computer and according to his information not only does it not exist, but nothing even closely resembling that number pops up either.
Anybody got access to a paints mixing chart who can send me some info?
Being Frog and being irredescent, I have little doubt that it will be that 2 pack crap (please let it be acrylic) :cry: as even if I get close, I have a mudguard that I've taken off that gives us a chance of matching it up once we get the base right. It seems most of their colours have a different letter as the prefix.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Have a look down this chart and see if you can see a match. :)
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/body/care.html
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I don't think there's anything there.
This pic is pretty much true to colour, what does everybody else reckon?
Do these look fairly close off that chart?

KLS Bleu Mondial Metallic ? ? 20-39 AC 9198
KMV Bleu Buckingham Metallic ? ? 20-39 AC 9266

See what I mean about the paint code though? Nothing even close. I rang the Cit distributors in Oz and asked them based on the VIN number and the guy said "A what???????" and when I said again, a BX his response was one of relief "No we wouldn't have them on our database, we weren't handling them then" somehow I got the impression he wouldn't know a BX from a Bees knee. :?

Alan S :evil:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
Grace
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Grace »

There is a paint code - EPU m R - which is a Magnetic Blue with superlustre finish (Bleu Magnetic). This was used on AX, Axel, BX, CX, Visa in different finishes. The R is reference to "Base coat and clear". S would indicate Cellulose and A = Acrylic.

If the car has faded slightly take a look under the rear seat or other area that has not been exposed to the sun for a better indication of true colour.

Hope this is of some help.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Thanks Grace, that's a glimmer of hope, although when I looked it up on the colour chart sleepy posted, it looks poles apart from the car colour, but I'll take a look again at the stencilled code.
Looks like either the Frenchie who painted the number on was dyslectic or I am.ImageImage

I'll get back to my paint guy and see if he has a colour chip to do a comparison.

Alan S Image