Appeal for help!

BX Tech talk
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Dave, I've just taken your advice, courtesy of Ken.

I just "buy-it-now"ed an H reg Meteor in Dorset, same colour, for £100 with T&T... :)

Mark.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Do you have plans as to how to get it back up to you? I doubt I live very far from the car you've bought, and have to come up to somewhere not very far from you in the near future, and can tow a car on my A-frame (sucessfully towed 2 BX's in the recent past)

Just a thought... as I'm coming that was anyway....
this might be a signature
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

DavidRutherford wrote:Do you have plans as to how to get it back up to you? I doubt I live very far from the car you've bought, and have to come up to somewhere not very far from you in the near future, and can tow a car on my A-frame (sucessfully towed 2 BX's in the recent past)

Just a thought... as I'm coming that was anyway....
David, the car is somewhere in the Swanage area. That is a very kind offer... :) Well, I've just emailed the seller asking if a Sunday pick-up is ok, because my mate is busy on Saturday... What are your plans? PM me :)
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

David, you have a new PM :)

Mark.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hello. Seeing as some people were suggesting a TD engine swap for Marks car, it got me thinking about what engine to put into my GT. I wont be able to sort out an engine until the new year I think, but when I do, I am hoping to fit a 1.9 petrol. However, if its almost as easy to stick a TD in it, I might consider that. Does anyone know what things need changing as well if I were to go this route. Things like exhaust, fuel lines and any electrical differences.

Cheers, Adam
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Adam, somewhere on this forum is the partial answer to this as I asked recently reference the petrol hatchack I`ve just bought. I recall someone saying that the fuel tank from the petrol may be usable for the diesel too, it depends on the tank outlets I think.
One thing I did wonder though is that where would you put the heater plug light, or would it require a dash change as well?
If I had the choice (or rather the money) and wanted to go diesel I`d go for a 1.7 T/D, though as with any other engine swaps there`s insurance to think of too.
Vauxhall apologist.