central locking

BX Tech talk
simonbx17
BXpert

central locking

Post by simonbx17 »

i appear to have a problem with my central locking when i shut the passenger door the solenoid activates tries to re unlock and when driving over bumps it does this until i lock the doors it's deferenatley coming from passenger side as when i thump this area it does this, could it be a loose connection?

cheers
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Yes it could be a loose connection but more likely a failed door lock motor or switch - or the connections to them have got dirty and corroded.

Maplins lock motors bolt straight in (5 wire for front door 2 for back) and cost about £8

The 5 wire lock motors have switches in them - to change direction or something. I had the passenegr one fail on my BX and it would umlock or something. Eventually worked out that one function was missing (wouldn't unlock or something when operating the push button) which convinced me it was the motor.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

it could also the that one of the linkages has got tight. If you know which door is causing the problem I'd be tempted to take the panel off and have a good oil round.
They think it's all over, it is now!
simonbx17
BXpert

cheers

Post by simonbx17 »

cheers guys,
i will get the door panel off the passenger door and have a look all still locks from the buttons and key, probably just a loose connection i will also have agood oil as well.

thanks for the advice. :D
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".