ICE advice please

BX Tech talk
M

ICE advice please

Post by M »

Not the BX, but the f@*&^ng multiplexed blingo.

Despie many months of talking to Citroen Technical & buggering about with adaptor leads the Blingo will not acept a non Citroen Multiplexed radio. OK fine, I can live with that (its the wifes car after all) - only it wont accept a standard tape adaptor either to run an MP3 player through and the interferance from the FM Modulator transmitter is crap and teh wife hates it.

So does anyone have any ideas of how to wire in a aux socket on a lead into the standard radio? Somone who paid more attention during their B-Tec Radio exams than I did (still I can translate morse code :roll: )

Cheers chaps.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

It has got to be possible to fit a radio of your choice to a m/plex car.
So - dunno if this is helpful - but why not just wire it directly to the battery via of course an inline fuse.

No multiplex, no problems. In a Xsara I had for a while :evil: there was a power outlet jack near the gearstick. If the blingo has anything similar then - bingo - you have a ready made power supply to tap in to.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.