Doseur: Sinking feeling 2...

BX Tech talk
Doz
BXpert

Doseur: Sinking feeling 2...

Post by Doz »

With regards to the doseur causing brake failure... My MkI TRS was recalled by Citroen for a modification to the doseur to prevent this from happening ... by this time the car had travelled over 200K , and sat happily on it's back wheels in "launch position" after 30 mins or so.

Maybe this isn't such of an issue....

Made a second post so as not to contaminate the first!
Doz

2007 Citroen C1 (it's not a real Citroen)(With a complete set of wheel trims)
2006 C4 1.6VTR+ (Alloys no wheel trims)
1982 Mini HL (No wheel trims, no wheels)
1993 Kawasaki GPZ500
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

The TZi I've just finished rebuilding had a bit of a leak around the PR and with all the other stuff I had going, I couldn't be bothered getting involved with it, so I sent the PR and FD to a mate of mine who reckons he knows a bit about them.
Refitted to the car, bled the system etc and it seems that ever since, the car barely moves at all wven if left for over 24 hours.
Reason I'm mentioning this is that I've always been somewhat mystified at how over there the doseur valve seems to be a regular component changed when BXs sit down a bit quick, yet over here I can only ever remembr one or two ever needing changing and that was for reasons other than the fast settling, although the quick sit down was one of the symptoms.
I wonder at times if perhaps there may be a slight problem in the doseur but a bigger one somewhere else in the system that the new doseur masks for a certain period of time? #-o

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
cauchoiskev
BXpert

Post by cauchoiskev »

I don't think there is any risk of sudden brake failure due to doseur internal leakage. You get plenty of warning beforehand.

When it is really bad, the brake pedal vibrates and sort of "fights back" against your foot. Probably "non-serviceable" would be a better term than "failure".