TZD Radiator plug needed

BX Tech talk
joolie
BXpert

TZD Radiator plug needed

Post by joolie »

I need a radiator plug for a TZD, far as I know, its a radiator fitted expecially for the TZD. If anyone else knows if another plug fits it, id like to know.

Its Valeo branded, about 1 inch long, I can post a photo later if its needed.

Im ready to pay 7 quid inc. post to Sweden via paypal, so if anyone wants to make a quick fiver, let me know asap.

J
'91 BX MkII 1769cc Turbo TZD Break

running on RME/SVO

IF it aInt BrOKe dON't trY 'n FIx iT.
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

Joolie - I have an old TZD rad in the garage I was looking at the other day with a view to taking it to the recyclers - let me check if it has the plugs still in it and I'll let you know - will send it for nada if it's still there.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Roscoe, if you hang on to that TZD radiator, it'll soon be worht so much it will pay to ship it anywhere. They are becoming rare.

Joolie, I can have a scout around too at our scrappers. I'll let you know.

O
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Oscar wrote:Joolie, I can have a scout around too at our scrappers. I'll let you know.
You have scrappers your way with BX's? :shock:

Never been a BX in them this way for years it seems. :? Not even a response from the on-line ones recently. :(
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That'll be because most have an age-related policy concerning cars, usually something like ten years or older they just weight them straight in (from what some scrappies have told me). It's usually the out of the way smaller scrappies that keep older cars in stock.
I have a TZD radiator here if no-one else has the part you want Joolie, but if I remove the plug will it render the rest of the rad useless?
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I don't think it'll render your rad useless Billy - as it'll be fitted to a vehicle as substitute - and the one coming out will have a plug which could be used on yours.

May be worth checking of top and bottom plugs are the same. - then you'd have 3 plugs between 2 rads if you used it.
joolie
BXpert

Post by joolie »

ok, then it seems if Camvad gets his rad over to Oscar then its not wasted, and Roscoe can pull the plugs off the rad hes gonna chuck and send them to me, then everyones happy! :D right?

Of course it would be better to get them off a duff rad, or from the scrappie. Keep me posted I need them asap. I got a few things to set up on the car, then i got an MOT on Monday.

You wouldnt belive the MOT system here, computer registered and organised, you go to a specific service place, they check, driving the car round some mad assault course, checking brakes and what not . . .and your out in 20 minutes.

running on RME/SVO

joolie
BXpert

Post by joolie »

OK, This is the FINAL day one of you can send off a radiator plug before the weekend (We dont recieve post on Saturday).

Hopefully that UK postal strike is off now. So PLEASE PLEASE someone send one today!

Im willing to pay for it, so let me know you Paypal or details of payment.

I NEED this for friday so I can test the car over the weekend, I just changed the cylinder head for the 1st time, so I dont know if its going to work! Then I got the MOT on Monday, and Im due down south for wednesday.

PLEASE help out!!

J

running on RME/SVO

roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

OK, I've got a plug sitting in front of me ready to be mailed to you, but there's no way you'll get it by Monday from Australia - maybe a week Monday if the postie gods are smiling :shock: The rad it's out of is plugged - the old one out of my TZD so is only good for scrap. Top and bottom plugs are the same - but I'm going to keep one of them just in case I break or lose one on my rad in the car.
If you want it, it's yours just pm me your details and I'll post it over.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
joolie
BXpert

Post by joolie »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Thanks for the offer Roscoe, Im going to hold out a little and see if anyone nearer can send one. . . anyone else??

running on RME/SVO

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Joolie, I'll do everything I can but getting to the po now before it closes may be a tall order. I'll let you know how I get on...
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

My missus is going to the Post Office today to send it out. She probably won't be able to get there until this afternoon but it is on the way.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Joolie, many thanks payment received.
Vauxhall apologist.