headlight protectors etc

BX Tech talk
iain mcgregor

headlight protectors etc

Post by iain mcgregor »

Can anyone please help me find a pair of headlight protectors for my TZD Turbo (1993)? I don't want to pay silly money, but I'd be very happy to relieve someone of a spare pair they have lying around in the workshop/garage/garden shed etc!

There are one or two (or several!) other bits that I will wnat help with, but I'd like to find these first!

Many thansk in advance for your help!

Iain McGregor
(iain.mcgregor@zen.co.uk)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Hi Iain :D

Firstly, welcome to THE best car club forum on the net! :wink:
You will find many extremely knowledgeable members on here, who will be only too happy to give you any advice / help you may need, to keep that TZD running sweetly!

So far as the headlamp protectors go....they are fairly rare items these days, and a lot of people are looking for good ones. That said, there was a pair for sale on eBay just last week!!
Keep an eye on the "BX Spotting" thread, also the "For Sale/Wanted" section.
Some will almost certainly turn up, but as with most parts for older cars, it may be a while before you find the ones you need! :wink:

Regards
Dave H.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Can you guys get this stuff over there?

http://www.altrex.com.au/shop.php?cat=157

I have it on all my cars and it can't be seen. It was recommended to me by a guy who runs a Jag coupe' at the sprints as his headlights were costing him about $1500 a pop.
It's undetectable and before I fitted it to the 16V I was holing a headlight every few weeks. Since I fitted this, nothing. I've been hit with rocks up to golf ball size and once this is on, the lenses seem to last forever.
Not expensive and is easy to fit.
I'll be very surprised if it's not available either as Altrex brand or another brand of similar style.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.