Rear Speaker Locations

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Obvious if you think about it :wink:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron1472 wrote:Obvious if you think about it :wink:
It's late so word associations don't work too well at this hour :(

:idea: I've heard the word "rimming" used, presumably not as base as that or an extension of the term?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I have tried both 6x9s and smaller 13cm speakers on rear BX shelves.

The 13cm devices are perfectly sufficient, as the front speakers are the most important.

The 6x9s do give more bass, as you would expect, but are a pain when fitting the shopping in the boot, and the hatch gets tricky to open in the rain as there is nowhere to grip.

Fit some standard BX front dash mounting tweeters- the whole loom just plugs in to the exising wiring- and they work really well.

Don't bother with the rear 1/4 panel speakers- they are rubbish and probably perished by now anyway.

the BX parcel shelf is a very sturdy thing (unlike that on most hatchbacks) and is easy to fit speakers to robustly.

Biggest problem I had with my stereo was finding door speakers that did not rub on the door speaker covers on higher volume settings.

A 'Premium' set of BX speakers-originally available as an option pack- with yellow cones do the job fine.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
ami8i

Post by ami8i »

Hello,
it's possible to use AX 5 door speaker covers at rear doors. It could be necessary to modify the door levels/limiter(what ever they called) which limit door opening.
If I can't get them the next time I'll try it without - just with standard covers. The speakers are rather flat so i hope not to touch the door opener inside.

I'll connect 2 door 4Ohm speakers (serial) at one channel and the other channel to the bigger speakers on/in the boot shelf/rack (Break).

»Horst
BX 16 TGI Break (but with BX14 engine (KDY) + c/r 10.3:1 + longest gear box (AX Diesel) + OEM steering assitance)
Ami8i Break (V06/630+EFI+catalytic converter)
ex BX 19 Break 4WD "Sold"