noisy front end

BX Tech talk
B-Hive
BXpert

noisy front end

Post by B-Hive »

Whilst I'm in the mood of posting..

My front suspension is very noisy/clunky. Can anyone give me the heads up on what this generally indicates ? Do the front spheres need replacing ...or is it the subframe/bushes ?????? (out of my depth here.. :roll: ).. the front does seems a tiny bit firm (sometimes), almost like a normally sprung car with bad shocks.. suspension travel is there but not with usual cit softness..
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

The droplinks are always the first point to check ... :wink:
They are easy to replace.

Your suspension spheres my be low on gas pressure. Then they still have travel when you press down for testing, but the car feels hard/bump during drive.
When spheres are good, you should have no problems travelling over speedbumps while keeping speed not bottoming out in the suspension.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Check the bottom ball joints too.
Wish bone bushes can and do fail, and tend to give quite a distinct knock, and can effect the steering if they are really bad.

EDIT: Ah, I see you have a Mk1, so the wishbone bolts run through bearings, they could be FUBAR....
Bit of a pig to change aswell if they've never been out before.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...