Extreme frustration!!!

BX Tech talk
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Extreme frustration!!!

Post by fatgeezer »

Trying to replace the drivers mirror on the BX14 - but cannot remove the window winder to enable removal of the door trim (see other post). The Haynes book says there is a spring clip between the handle and the boss - just hook it out with a piece of bent wire it says!!. Six hours have passed and the damned winder is STILL on there. I have used this technique on many cars before and it has always worked - though some are more awkward than others. There is no sign whatsoever of a spring clip.I have tried to remove a plastic insert on the handle which may have had a screw behind it but that wont move either. I am about to get a crowbar out the shed - that'll move it but will cause more damage of course. Did Citroen ever modify this winder - I am extremely frustrated at not being able to do what a two year old could probably do!!.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1996 Citroen Synergie 1.9 td
1989 Mercedes 300se
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

The lockspring is hidden down in a recess on rear of the handle. May only be viewed with the handle in a certain angle while you push in on the trim plate.

However the lock spring was discontinued on later trims. The handle is then a push-to-click-seat type over the winder axle. The trick is to pull back the inner plastic cup against the trim plate away from the handle, to release the plastic lugs. Once discovered its dead easy :wink:
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Post by fatgeezer »

Got it !!. Job done !!. Just pull it really hard - was reluctant at first for fear of breaking something. Thanks for the reply - now for that rear wash wipe.....
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1996 Citroen Synergie 1.9 td
1989 Mercedes 300se
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

My rear wash wipes bust aswell lol