FDV leak

BX Tech talk
Oscar
1K Away

FDV leak

Post by Oscar »

Checking levels at the weekend I noticed that LHM was really low. Turned the engine on and got up to full height, when I saw a steady drip from the pressure regulator and from around the accumulator - the accumulator seemed to be leaking from the joint into the reg.

Well, after cleaning the area up and getting a bright light on it, it seems that the FDV has started leaking from all five pipes! This is a little odd, imho, and I wonder whether anyone else has experienced this. I tightened 4 of the 5 pipes up, getting between 1/3 to 1/2 of a turn out of each. That seems to have stopped it.

The leak from the accumulator may either be an actual leak from the accumulator, or just a collection of drips from the FDV, I haven't had time to properly investigate. Is it likely that the seal has failed?

Thanks
Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

A leak directly from the FDV would seem most likely to be from the plugs at the r/h side, if the leaky FDV I replaced last year is any guide.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.