BX Doseur (brake compensator) valve

BX Tech talk
richjenn
Confirmed BX'er

BX Doseur (brake compensator) valve

Post by richjenn »

Help!!

My brake compensator valve appears to be leaking - haven't pulled it out yet - bl**dy difficult to get to (mine's a TZD) - really buried!

GSF say they can't source them any more, and Citroen want a king's ransom, needless to say!

Anyone have
a) an idea of a source of a sensibly priced one?
b) an idea of where I might track down the overhaul kit bits?
c) a working Doseur valve they want to shift?!

Very grateful for any ideas - just spent a lot getting it through MOT, so want to sort it, but getting a bit pricey and bank manager edgy!!
Cheers
Richjenn
Richard
(Maybe I should buy a Micra after all.............)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Whereabouts are you dude?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
richjenn
Confirmed BX'er

dosuer valve - help!

Post by richjenn »

20 miles west of Exeter- Dartmoor edge!

Cheers

Richjenn
Richard
(Maybe I should buy a Micra after all.............)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Oooh, a lovely place to be!
Shant be passing that way for some time, but I can send you a used but working doseur if you want?
I have a rebuilt one somewhere, but when I find that it's on a promise to Oscar, but I have one ina car right now that works fine that is surplus, so you're welcome to it if PM an address to send it to!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Hang on, I thought you said you were offensive.......this forum is full of people like you ...........so offensive they are willing to help any one out on here with out even a mention of payment or postage or otherwise....still if thats what makes you offensive; bring it on!
Great place this, even if most people are soooo offensive! lol .
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I am offensive mate. Really, I am.
But since I've got crap coming out of my ears then if someone needs something I have eleventybillion of, then it's no hardship to post a bit out.

But believe, I am infact the devil incarnate.
Or I can be anyway...sometimes..I'm just in a good mood right now!

ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Hey Doc, putting your extreme offensiveness aside and taking advantage of your good mood ... would you happen to have 2 x abs flexi brake hoses lying around doing nothing? GSF Bristol tell me they cant't get any and Eurocarparts have none in stock!!

Oh yes, this is the usual result when the mot man can find nothing else to bitch about :evil:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Fraid not mate. Infact I have two cars in stock right now that need ABS front flexi's.

I'll be getting some from France, so if you want a pair, I'll stick them on the shopping list, but with the postal strike they may take a while to reach my door!

Sorry mate.
Still want that heater control panel? It's been in the boot of the car for about eleventybillion years! I shall endevour to drop it off to you soon!

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Bollocks. I need a pair of front ABS flexi's too. Last MOT was very marginal as to whether it was an advisory or a fail. I promised to change them ASAP, which swayed a pass rather than a fail.

10 months on, have I changed them? Well.. they haven't deteriorated (much)

I take it ABS ones are a larger diameter compared to non-ABS ones?
this might be a signature
Doz
BXpert

Post by Doz »

took me nearly 3 weeks to get non abs ones...
Doz

2007 Citroen C1 (it's not a real Citroen)(With a complete set of wheel trims)
2006 C4 1.6VTR+ (Alloys no wheel trims)
1982 Mini HL (No wheel trims, no wheels)
1993 Kawasaki GPZ500
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

DavidRutherford wrote:10 months on, have I changed them? Well.. they haven't deteriorated (much)

I take it ABS ones are a larger diameter compared to non-ABS ones?
Not the flexis. The rigid front brake piping is 4.5mm for ABS, 3.5mm for non-ABS, hence differences in the flexi upper end union bore size, union nut and thread size.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

I don't suppose anyone's ever checked to see if Xantia ones will fit? Presumably they will use the same 4.5mm fitting, and the calipers are identical are they not?
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Thread resurrection, update, information, whatever.

BX +ABS front brake flexies are indeed still available in the UK, and fairly easily too.

Ordered with my friendly local motor factor late yesterday afternoon, and delivered to my door not 10 minutes ago by a bloke in a van:

For the grand total of £21.95 for the pair. (£9.34 each +vat)

If anyone is having difficulties getting hold of either these, or non-abs ones, I can easily order them from this motor factor, and post them on.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Thats VERY useful to know mate!
The outstandingly awfully useless plebs at the main stealer are still insisting they cant get any.....and I've been waiting over two months.... :evil: