Bumper paint

BX Tech talk
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Bumper paint

Post by fatgeezer »

Would the Citroen main dealer stock the white paint in an aerosol that I need for the back bumper on my BX14 St. Tropez? And would I need an undercoat/primer?. I assume there are different shades of white - but I would like the right one. Never seem to get the time to get to the dealer due to work commitments etc.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1996 Citroen Synergie 1.9 td
1989 Mercedes 300se
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bearing in mind that the bumpers are coloured plastic on some bxs not painted, you may need to sand and paint the whole thing or get a repclament bumper.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Painted bumpers have a different shade than the body colour. Also you need a special plastic primer for the paint to stay on.

Any decent paintshop with a car paint mixer station have huge colour tables for any thinkable car and colour.
I doubt your Citroen dealer will stock anything for a BX exterior touch up - other han the common supermarket thingies.

New BX bumpers are only available in natural grey plastic colour.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Are you trying to change the colour of a replacement bumper?

Or return one to its original splendour?
fatgeezer
Confirmed BX'er
Location: Eastbourne - where we dont bury the dead,we stand them up at bus stops!!

Post by fatgeezer »

I want to keep it in it's original white - it's looking really tatty and has dark marks coming through which I assume is the colour the bumper is before it is painted. Was the St. Tropez only available in this colour?.
1990 BX 14 St. Tropez
1996 Citroen Synergie 1.9 td
1989 Mercedes 300se
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

ST Tropez as far as im aware were only available in white?