Green blood leak...

BX Tech talk
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Green blood leak...

Post by ed4ferrets »

There is a rather rapid leak seemingly from the uppermost of the steel pipes running along the crossmember behind the engine. Looks like it is where a rubber hose pushes over the steel pipe and has a sort of crimped bit of metal presumably to seal/hold it in place.

Anyone know if this is the standard setup or a bodge of some sort?

Didn't have enough light to investigate further but I guess it's not a rotten octopus as Jonkw replaced that in April.

Hopefully there's a quick way to remedy as the TZD is needed for a trip to Pembroke :?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

If it's on the back of the subframe, it's the return pipe from the rear end of the car, height corrector etc. So it's probably just the rubber that's perished and will need snipping at the end and pushing back on with new clip.

If it's on the front of the subframe, I'd guess it's the PAS return, same fix as above.
They think it's all over, it is now!
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Cheers Ken, 'subframe'.... that's the word I can never remember ](*,) and always confuse with crossmember :? These clips, are they readily available and what would I ask for? I think I've bodged one of these in a previous BX life but unfortunately my memory is the second shortest thing in my life :wink:
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Sounds good so far thanks! I'll be doing this job with car on ramps, do I need to drop susp and open valve to stop it peeing on me? Just wondering if the back box tailpipe will be on the floor due to the angle? :?
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Did it in high, job done and dusted, cheers :wink: