spheres going ? someone wants to do job ?

BX Tech talk
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

I’ll have to get around to making one

and a make a sphere removal tool too so I can remove the rear ones without having to struggle lots

anyone made one of those yet? Image
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
admiral51
Confirmed BX'er

Post by admiral51 »

classic2cv wrote:
and a make a sphere removal tool too so I can remove the rear ones without having to struggle lots

anyone made one of those yet?
i bought one off the bay think its from a seller called sphere-off only cost £18 all in got a nice long handle so a good hard "tap" breaks the tension on the sphere and they come off a treat did both rears and anti sink on my Xantia in under 30 mins start to finish

colin
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

from all the advice received and after reading other threads on this forum ...I will try to get IFHS comfort spheres...or if they are not available just the normal ones....
will post the verdict after that
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

IFHS comfort spheres where not available, so I just ordered a pair of standard IFHS ones from the AEP ebay shop.
will let you know how they will feel.
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

You can get the comfort ones mate, but you have to especially request AEP to order them for you. They order infrequently but it may be worth your wait. Otherwise, Plaiedies are more cost effective and you wont get spheres that have been stuck on a shelf for months....
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

It is too late, pleiades seemed to have a very bad website and the supposed link to online ordering did not work.
Someone on this forum said that IFHS are good too and they where cheaper as well. I asked about the date stamp and it is 22.12.2006, which seemed ok to me.
I took the message on board that Amtex are not to be considered.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Fair enough cacaolat. Shame you couldn't of got the comfort ones...tho' I think they're more expensive anyway...

just found this description of a test rig!

http://www.schaalbouw.nl/citroen/sphrtstr.htm
1990 BX TGD White
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

BX Bandit wrote:Shame you couldn't of got the comfort ones...tho' I think they're more expensive anyway...
Hey Bandit! I've just spotted comfort spheres for sale on a website you've just posted on another link - http://www.citparts.at/en/ . Look under BX parts / Hydraulics. Ok, that was obvious... Seem pricey though - 49 Euros each and I didn't look for postage costs. Seems a pretty good site though.

Pleiades do have an awful web site which just doesn't work, but they do seem pretty good at hydraulics. I bought by phone (remember those far off days before online shopping?). And their sphere removal tool is excellent.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Ooooh that's around £35!! + delivery + maybe tax??

Re: Plaeides, I'm certain there are a fair number of companies that deem a web site as an advert and not necessarily and means of shopping. Worth a phone call and a chat tho' cos the bloke I spoke to was friendly and willing to spend his time talking, still the way some companies work I guess...
1990 BX TGD White
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

BX Bandit wrote:Re: Plaeides, I'm certain there are a fair number of companies that deem a web site as an advert and not necessarily and means of shopping. Worth a phone call and a chat tho' cos the bloke I spoke to was friendly and willing to spend his time talking, still the way some companies work I guess...
After problems on the website previously, I rang them and organised it with a pleasant & helpful guy on the phone. Part arrived quickly after smooth telephone transaction. Would recommend them. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Have just returned from a visit to fellow bxclub member Oscar. Thanks to his invaluable help to change the front spheres, everything is alright again. It was quick and easy. The car is nice and soft again.
I am glad the £34.99 plus £6 delivery for the IFHS spheres was not too bad.

:P
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

just noticed another benefit of the new front spheres !
Before, the car was sinking within hours at the rear.
Now it is still up, although it has not been used since Sunday.