Remote Central Locking

BX Tech talk
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Remote Central Locking

Post by H Reg Pete »

Can anyone tell me why the remote locking on my BX TZD only works occasionaly when i'm sat in the car and never from the outside, , ive changed the battery in the plip but still the same result.
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Hi Pete and welcome to BXClub.

Have you tried cleaning the recieving lens?

Its the small black bubble shape located near the sunroof control.

Hope this helps.

Ken
They think it's all over, it is now!
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Tried that but still no better, I'm sure I read somwhere that the locking system has an internal battery somewhere inside the car, is this the case and if so is it possible to replace it. I might be thinking of a different car though, had quit a few in the last couple of years
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Just found my Haynes Manual, and in the back it says there is a battery pack down by and under the handbrake consul that supplies the remote unit, I’m just off to have a look, does anyone know where I would get a replacement for these.
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Send me your details and if possible a photo showing the type of connections as there are two.

I don't think its a battery pack so much as a relay/interface to link all 4 doors, but worth a try. You should be able to access it by removing the insert at the rear of the centre console.
They think it's all over, it is now!
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Will do, I got sidetracked to help with the housework today so it will have to wait now till next weekend, avoids the possibility of getting whacked round the lug with a frying pan although I would rather work on the car. I’ll remove the consul and take some photos and see what happens, the Haynes manual gives a reference for a battery replacement as V13GA its on page 13.13 section 24
Thanks
Pete
H Reg BX TZD Turbo
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I think after checking the manual on that page they are on about the hand held plip unit but it is confusing as the only thing inside a central locking control unit is relays diodes and a few reistors and thats it no batterys :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi H Reg and all,
I had similar symptoms with my remote "Plip", bought new batteries and all the above, and it still got worse. With a bit of cunning I prised the plastic cover from the front of the remote and I was amazed at the ammount old "pocket fluff" that had accumulated over the years. I cleaned it up and it is now as good as new. Works 3 ft from the car. I wonder how many "Plips" have been launched into the bushes in fustration?
Good luck,
Nick
BX-less, looking for a good TZD estate.
H Reg Pete
Confirmed BX'er

Post by H Reg Pete »

Just took my one and only plip to bits to give it a clean and the push button switch fell to bits, managed to put it back together but plip doesn't work at all now. Can anyone tell me how much a new one costs and where I would get one also would it pay to replace the receiver and if so whats this likely to cost, Our local Citroen dealer closed this year so cant ask in there anymore.
H Reg :cry:
H Reg BX TZD Turbo