AIR LOCK?

BX Tech talk
tim leech

AIR LOCK?

Post by tim leech »

Is it possible to get a airlock in the hydraulics? only reason I ask is I finally changed the LHM on the 16v yesterday and the Xantia for good measure. Both flluids were still clean and "bright" but the filters were black. Xantia was alot fiddlier than the BX to get the reservoir out as theres not enough slack on the feed pipes to get the "lid" out out but I managed it finally after lots of swearing!

The 16v in comparison was a doddle, took less than 5 minutes and she took 4 litres of LHM+ to refill the reservoir, but for some reason she would not pressurise so of course no steering either. After fiddling about with the height leaver and leaving it running for 20 minutes it finally returned to normal and all now is well.

The spheres are all new including the accumulator.

Any ideas?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Tired HP pump.

When you get air in the LP feed pipe you need to purge the pump by pulling the pipe off the tank lid, stick a funnel in it and pour LHM into it whilst running the engine.
As soon as it starts drawing the fluid through wham the pipe back on it's spigot and viola, pressure!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ok thanks Doc, it all seems fine now so will see how we get on.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It should remain fine.
The only time it becomes an issue is if the LP pipe draws air.

Once bled it should remain bled.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...