Central locking

BX Tech talk
jwthwaites96
Confirmed BX'er

Post by jwthwaites96 »

Hi guy's, once again it has been an age since i have checked this, work is busy. Anyways its all starting to make sense, though the passenger side has never worked for the central locking, it works to be activated by the drivers door but not the other way round, guessing that one must have blown before i got it, will have to have an investigation.

Hi docchevron1472, if you are around bristol at all that would be great, but what did you mean by ...... 'I suspect it's more likely to be a break in the wire between the door and A pillar..'? do you mean it might not be the motor?
I work at southmead hospital there and am around most weekends, if you email me on john.thwaites@nbt.nhs.uk if you are thinking of coming to bristol we can arrange something.
Cheers guy's
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

jwthwaites96 wrote:though the passenger side has never worked for the central locking, it works to be activated by the drivers door but not the other way round, guessing that one must have blown before i got it, will have to have an investigation.
Passenger side does NOT activate the central locking. Central locking is operated by Drivers door or via the ir plip in an unmodified BX.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Way2go wrote:
jwthwaites96 wrote:though the passenger side has never worked for the central locking, it works to be activated by the drivers door but not the other way round, guessing that one must have blown before i got it, will have to have an investigation.
Passenger side does NOT activate the central locking. Central locking is operated by Drivers door or via the ir plip in an unmodified BX.
Yep ...........my '92 tzd is like that too [it aint got a plip thingy .........it did'nt have one when I bought it]
The central locking on mine works from the drivers door with either the key or with the locking button from inside the car.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Terry Brooks wrote: Yep ...........my '92 tzd is like that too [it aint got a plip thingy .........it did'nt have one when I bought it]
Hey Tel, if you can find any BX plip then you can recode it using the info in the BX_DIY pages. Tested this out - it does what it says on the tin! :D

(I assume the receiver is fitted as standard, the dome like thingy near the sunroof control?)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

My 19TXD operates from both doors but both my 19TRSs only operate from the driver's door.

The general consensus seems to be that if you have remote central locking fitted then central locking will only work from the driver's door.

See the following link for more details,
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Also possibly of interest,
http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/plip/
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

jwthwaites96 wrote: Hi docchevron1472, if you are around bristol at all that would be great, but what did you mean by ...... 'I suspect it's more likely to be a break in the wire between the door and A pillar..'? do you mean it might not be the motor?
I work at southmead hospital there and am around most weekends, if you email me on john.thwaites@nbt.nhs.uk if you are thinking of coming to bristol we can arrange something.
Cheers guy's
I live about five minutes from Southmead hospital when I'm in Bristol!
The drawback is I'm rarely actually in Bristol unless I'm at work!
I soend the weekends in Stroud.
However, I'm sure something can be arranged.
I'll send you an E-mail!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Way2go wrote:
Terry Brooks wrote: Yep ...........my '92 tzd is like that too [it aint got a plip thingy .........it did'nt have one when I bought it]
Hey Tel, if you can find any BX plip then you can recode it using the info in the BX_DIY pages. Tested this out - it does what it says on the tin! :D

(I assume the receiver is fitted as standard, the dome like thingy near the sunroof control?)
:roll: :lol: Ahhh ................I wondered what that dome thingy was ........I thought it might be something to do with an alarm it mighta once had fitted.
Nah ......F*** it ........it works with the key ...........a plips just something else to go wrong.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Terry Brooks wrote:....a plips just something else to go wrong.
Well, you have to feed it with batteries occasionally. :wink: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto