Electrical issues

BX Tech talk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ah, if the lamp no light, it wont charge.

It could just be the bulb has blown then, in which case easy fix, although I think you said earlier in the thread that the light came on dimly?

In which case it's almost certainly the brushes have turned to, er, well.....hhmm... non brush type things, a mars bar perhaps...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

mmmmmm deep fried Mars bar perhaps 8)
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

ed4ferrets wrote:mmmmmm deep fried Mars bar perhaps 8)
Is that a Glaswegian delight, like deep fried pizza? :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

A belated thank you to Doc for the replacement alternator and to Jon who fetched it & worked his magic fitting it on Saturday :D .

Not an easy job on a TD at the best of times there were minor delays caused by the belt being too short, and a bolt falling into the alternator casing!

All is now well with my TZD \:D/ cheers lads
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Ed did want me to convert his car to a 16v auto with 40 ft aerial and triple electrode plugs, but unfortunately I only had time to do the alternator job this afternoon. Sad
Perhaps we can arrange a time to do this when the monsoons arrive Jon... you do seem to have a fetish for cold and wet :wink:

You weren't exactly singing in the rain but I distinctly heard you whistling mate :lol:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

No worries Ed.
Next time your car needs fixing and it's wet bring it over to Chez Doc's, it's dry there. Even in the rain!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...